Primary and Speciality Care
We offer the kind of quality primary and specialty care, disease management, and preventive services that will keep you as healthy as you can be—in body and mind.
- For adults and children
- Diabetes (endocrinology)
- Heart Disease (cardiology)
- Lung Disease (pulmonology)
- Urology (men’s health)
- Mental and behavioral health (psychiatry/social work)
- Foot care (podiatry)
- Infectious disease
- Addiction medicine
Disease Management (DM) Program
Patients’ Rights and Responsibilities
At Martin Luther King Community Medical Group we want our Patients to be aware of what they are entitled to as a participant in the Disease Management program, as well as what is expected of them while enrolled in the program.
Patients’ Rights are as follows:
You have the right to:
- Have information about the organization, its staff and its staff’s qualifications and any contractual relationships.
- Decline participation or dis-enroll from programs and services offered by the organization.
- Know which staff members are responsible for managing their DM services and from whom to request a change.
- Be supported by the organization to make health care decisions interactively with their practitioners.
- Have personal identifiable data and medical information kept confidential; know what entities have access to their information; know procedures used by the organization to ensure security, privacy and confidentiality.
- Be treated courteously and respectfully by the organization’s staff.
- Communicate complaints to the organization and receive instructions on how to use the complaint process, including the organization’s standards of timeliness for responding to and resolving issues of quality and complaints.
- Receive understandable information.
Patient Expectations are as follows:
- Follow care advice offered by MLK CMG.
- Provide MLK CMG with information necessary to carry out the services provided in the DM program.
- Notify MLK CMG and your treating provider if you decide to dis-enroll from the Disease Management Program.
We partner with you to create a wellness plan that fits your health issues and lifestyle. Some of our programs include:
- Healthier Living: Skills to help you if you are living with chronic conditions
- Diabetes Self-Management: Support to control blood sugar and manage symptoms if you have Type 2 diabetes
- Chronic Pain Self-Management: New ways to manage long-lasting pain
To find out more about our free classes, visit our Classes page.
You can save time by talking with a doctor on the phone. If you are a current patient and are over 18 years old, you can talk with a doctor by phone about many common health issues. And you can request a refill on many medications.
Some examples are:
- Chronic joint pain
- Colds and coughs
- Insect bites
- Sinus pain/pressure
- Sore throat
Call us at 424-529-6755 to schedule your appointment.
What I like best about my job is having the opportunity to build life-long relationships and partnerships with my patients. Watching families and communities take ownership of their health is one of most rewarding aspects of my job.Dr. Yulsi Lili Fernandez Montero